Thursday, July 31, 2008

Manny gone?

Manny Ramirez, Craig Hansen, Brandon Moss (and cash?) for Jason Bay... if it's true, I'm stunned. Terrible deal, especially in the middle of a pennant race. 

I know Manny isn't exactly a prized clubhouse presence these days, but haven't we seen this before? They wait it out, let the media and fan furor die down, and then Manny is happy again. After all, isn't this when his trade value is the absolutely the lowest? When every team in the league knows about the feud? 

What will Ortiz think?

1 comment:

Alex said...

Ortiz has been pretty silent on this issue, which I think speaks volumes. Torre can handle Manny: I'm sorry not to be picking up prospects in this deal, (and I would have loved to have LaRoche from the Dodgers as a trade chip for the end of the season) but maybe this is for the best.